The Headstone and Graves

Almost a year after moving into Meredith House, one of our neighbors casually mentioned a small headstone that bordered our two properties.  Curious, we wandered up a small knoll up from our mailbox.  Enclosed within a small two-foot high wrought-iron fence was a headstone. Upon closer inspection, the initials “E.A.” were clearly visible on the […]

1900 – 1937 History

Sometime prior to 1883, Land Lot 138 was owned by James Willis Vaughn (1850 – 1925). He owned the entire 202 ½ acres. According to the 1880 Census, the 26-year-old North Carolina native, James W. Vaughn, was living at 254 North Calhoun Street in the 5th Ward of Atlanta. His occupation was the Bailiff of […]